I made zucchini muffins on Sunday! Unfortunately, I didn’t have fresh dill like the recipe called for and used (too much) dried rosemary. They still look good though!
- I can breathe easy. On Monday, I accepted a position as a VISTA Leader for the New Haven Education VISTA Project! I am so incredibly excited! I will be coordinating 12 (I think) AmeriCorps VISTA members at 6 different sites. All the VISTA projects are supporting school reform in New Haven by providing different services to students (tutoring, college prep, etc). I’ll also be coordinating some communications for the project (hopefully and maintaining creating a blog/Twitter/Facebook/etc). I start in July, so I’ll be leaving my current project a month early, but I think it’s for the best. I’ll be trained by the previous VISTA leader for a month before I’m unleashed on my own. Now I don’t have to worry about employment until August 2013! My commute will be cut in half and I’ll be making (only a little) extra cash, so yay! And props to Holy Cross career services for overhauling my resume!!
- Yes! The Friday Night Lights movie is getting closer and closer to reality! I seriously cannot wait for this to happen. FNL is/was probably my favorite television show of all time! It’s the only show I own all the seasons of on DVD (No, I don’t even have all the seasons of Supernatural or HIMYM or One Tree Hill). I hope they can get most of the core cast there, but as long as Coach/Mrs. Coach are there, I’ll be happy. And obviously a Tim Riggins cameo. And Matt and Landry. Basically, I just want FNL to go on forever. Is that so wrong?
- I’m really creeped out by that tanning mom. You know, the one who is under investigation for potentially letting her 5 year old go tanning/get burned? That lady. Well, her face looks AWFUL. She looks like the Leatherman. And yes, I know, her body, she can do what she wants with it. But still, I was a little shocked by her picture.
- I had a great day last Saturday! I met up with my friends Robin and Lindsey in New Haven. We spent most of the time catching up. I hadn’t seen Robin since graduation, so it was an especially awesome moment for me. Let me just say, it’s so nice to hang out with someone you haven’t seen in awhile and still feel like you click as friends.
- Jenelle from Teen Mom got a boob job and is back with Keiffer. I can’t even with her.