- I’m officially on vacation for the next week! Well, technically it’s mostly a staycation for me since I’m only going away for a couple days. I had saved up my personal time to use at the end of my service term for job interviews and whatnot. Once I got my VISTA Leader position, I didn’t need to use that time anymore, so I decided to take this whole week off! I’m going to the Cape with a couple of my good friends from Holy Cross from June 1st to June 3rd. I’ll spend the rest of the week running some errands, renewing my license, and generally decompressing. I haven’t had a whole week off since last August, so this week is totally welcome to me.
- I’m getting a head start on my summer reading list (translation: finally reading all the paperbacks I bought years ago and never got the chance to use). Right now I’m reading Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, and a YA novel about beauty pageant contestants stranded on a desert island a-la Lord of the Flies called Beauty Queens. Both are pretty good so far! I’m open to any suggestions! (Sidenote: you can add me on Goodreads if you’re into that kind of thing)
- Speaking of books, I love reading on my Nook! I have both the Nook Simple Touch and the Nook Color, but the reading experience on the NST is overwhelmingly better, at least in my opinion. I was an e-reader doubter until I got one myself, and I would totally recommend a Nook to anyone looking for an e-reader. Plus, I can read in the sun on the Nook.
- I did a 2-hour Zumbathon to benefit my friends’ Relay for Life team on Monday. When I first started doing Zumba, I never thought I would be able to keep it going for this long. I had a lot of fun. I also sweated more than I ever have in my life. And that’s including wearing a marching band uniform in Florida or during the Memorial Day Parade.
- David Wright is still being awesome! D-Wright has always been my favorite player since he came up, so it’s great seeing him play so well. He is currently batting .405 and leading the team in other categories. All with a broken pinkie. Well, maybe the pinkie has healed itself. And Fred Wilpon said David Wright wasn’t a superstar?