- First of all, apologies for my extended hiatus! I have been super busy these past couple of weeks. Last week I had a work trip to 6 Flags which took up my whole Friday (the one day a week I try to reserve for blogging). The meeting was a mandatory all-staff meeting, where we did some team-building and leadership development. After the meeting, we got to play around in the park! I’m blessed with some seriously awesome coworkers, so I had more fun than I had anticipated. I only went on two rides (Goliath + Bizarro) because for some reason I just wasn’t in the mood for rides and stuff. It took a long time to get back home thanks to a car accident in Middletown.
- It has been HOT AS HELL. I made the mistake of wearing black pants to work on Wednesday when the heat wave started (95 degrees, and not the boy band). Unfortunately all my work-appropriate dresses and skirts were dirty. Just my luck. I’ve been craving ice cream like no other.
- I got my hair cut last week! My Zooey bangs are back with a vengeance. I’ll post a picture when my hair is actually styled and looking fly.
- RA Dickey.The man is amazing. He threw two back-to-back one hitters, which is really remarkable. I’m putting some money aside to get his book, which I heard was awesome. He also has one of the best Twitters on the team. What else is there to say? I haven’t been so excited about the Mets in a really long time.
- Possible trip to Worcester to see my good friend Tina in a few weeks! I always love coming back to Worcester. It’s like a second home to me. At this point in my life I’m more familiar with Worcester than with New Haven or Hartford, the cities I grew up around. I also haven’t seen Tina since graduation (!), so I’m double excited.