Yes, I went off the grid there for awhile. Between recruiting at work, suffering some serious anxiety, and attempting to amp up my fitness routine, my blog fell by the wayside. Here’s some quick updates as to what’s been going on with me:
- Interviewed over 50 candidates and selected 15 VISTAs for our 7 host sites!
- Selected my two successors as VISTA Leader!
- Watched way too many episodes of the Real Housewives (New Jersey and OC)
- Got way too in to Instagram
- Became addicted to Candy Crush Saga (I’m stuck on level 201)
- Facilitated an orientation
- Made a sweet tie dye t shirt at our end of service event
- Celebrated a 100th birthday!
- Registered for grad school classes (best registration ever–did it during the middle of the day and got all my classes with no freezing or cursing)
- Cried about how awful the Mets are
- VISTA missed my pay day
- VISTA finally paid me
- Overheard a hostage situation in my neighborhood (Well, from far away)
- Watched my sister graduate college and my brother graduate high school
- Got a flat tire and purchased a whole new set of tires!
- Went to a German dancing festival
- Marathoned the Office on Netflix.
Now you’re caught up. Feel better?