- A couple of my friends and I went out to Los Mariachis, a Mexican restaurant in Wallingford, for Cinco de Mayo. Unfortunately, Los Mariachis is also the ONLY Mexican restaurant in Wallingford. Usually the food and service are great, but because everyone else in town had the same idea as us, the place was packed. We waited 2 hours for a table (I’m pretty sure the host forgot about us). The margarita I had was excellent though. Afterwards a few of us went over my friend Amy’s for more drinks. We watched the Muppet Movie: I saw it for the first time, and I loved it.
- The Mets swept the Phillies in Philadelphia for the first time since 2006! I love when the Mets actually pull off a sweep, and I love it even more when they pull it off against the Phillies! Yes, I know the Phils are without Ryan Howard and Chase Utley right now, but the beating them just feels so good. Plus, the Mets finally broke out of that rut they were in against the Rockies and the Dbacks. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic about the rest of this season. Yes, it’s only May. Honestly, I’ll be happy if the Mets play .500 baseball for the rest of the season.
- On another note, one of the game highlights on my MLB At Bat app was the Philly Phanatic holding a baby. First of all, the Philly Phanatic is not deserving of having one of the game highlights. If I was that baby I’d be screaming my ass off. The Philly Phanatic is creepy and is also my least favorite mascot in sports. He looks like a chicken mated with a creepy green alien. Mr. Met is a family man. I’d trust him with my kid. The Philly Phanatic…not so much. Besides being scary, he’s always causing trouble.
- I am officially obsessed with Smart Art! I’m writing a couple manuals for work right now, and I’ve been shamelessly using Smart Art as much as I can. The shapes make everything look way more professional and classy, and they’re just fun.
- So I’m finally in the market for a new computer (well, once I get reimbursed my deposit for my wisdom teeth and start my VISTA Leader position). I’m thinking of getting a refurbished MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (depending on what’s available/cheapest at the time). I really don’t need a laptop for much beyond word processing and surfing the web. I also love the Mac OS and the aesthetics of both the Air and the Pro. And any computer, even refurbished, is better than the one I have now. I’m waiting until July, when my next service term starts, to buy anything anyway (my stipend will be bigger than the one I have now).