- I’m shamelessly stealing this concept from one of my favorite authors/bloggers, Sarah Dessen. I’ve been reading her blog since it was hosted on LiveJournal back in the day (I even won a signed copy of Along for the Ride and a t-shirt from one of her giveaways last year!), and I always looked forward to her Friday Five posts. Also, I need to update this more regularly, and I think having some day-themed posts would be a really good start!
- I have had a 30 second loop of Gotye’s “Somebody I Used To Know” stuck in my head ALL WEEK. I went a long time without actually hearing the song, and after hearing it for the first time on the radio Monday, I’ve had it in my head ever since. I felt bad for my coworkers today because I was singing it over and over and over again in the office (also I don’t have a very good singing voice–that’s why I was in the band and not the choir for all those years). So yes, I like the song, but dear god. It’s a worse ear worm than Bieber’s “Boyfriend.”
- The Mets recovered from that awful series with San Francisco that injured two of our guys (Jason Bay’s ribs, Mike Pelfrey’s elbow) and swept the Marlins! It was really sad for me to see Jose Reyes playing with another team. As you all know, he was tied for my second favorite player, and I couldn’t stand to hear him be booed. Yes, he signed with another team. But did the Mets have enough money to pay him? No. You can ask Bernie Madoff where that money went. And my boy David Wright is now the Mets all-time career leader in RBIs! Yes, my dad said that wasn’t really a big deal. But I think that really shows that the Mets can’t let D-Wright go like they did Jose. Both of them were/are big names for this franchise, and to let both go and replace them with hobos would be a huge mistake on the Mets’ behalf. Losing one was hard enough!
- I have been trying (and failing) to replicate the Katniss braid from the Hunger Games. Basically, the whole process has left me with one key question. Do I have a funny shaped head, or am I just that inept at braiding? I think a little of both. I guess I should have spent more time playing with my hair as a child than re-reading the Little House books five million times. Whatever, I’ll keep trying. I just wish I could be as fierce as Katniss/Jennifer Lawrence.
- During my wisdom tooth recovery I got sucked into watching America’s Next Top Model reruns (older cycles HOLLA). I know they’re bad for me, but I just can’t turn my eyes away. WHY DO I LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME? Why can’t I be interested in classy/legit/good television shows?